Friday, 27 January 2012

92.9 KICK FM

Recently, I started my own radio show on Winnipeg's Indie Station 92.9 KICK FM.

Sadly, a week after my first show the CRTC announced that they will be evaluating KICK in order to determine whether or not they will to continue to fund the station.


Despite only having done two episodes, I have can honestly say I have never felt so at home with doing something that is completely new and foreign to me.

The station manager, Rick, taught us how to use the sound board, choose songs and answer calls (if anyone was to ever call) and then he left us to take the wheel.

I always had a love for radio, as a kid I loved the drive to school in the morning listening the witty banter of Beau, Tom and Fraiser on Q94.

And then as I got older, the more my love for CBC grew. I was so proud of myself when I was picked as letter of the day by Jion Ghomeshi on Q.

Now, to have my own show, even though it's only on a college station, is a small dream of mine come true.

I know it sounds cheesy to say, but when you know you love to do something, you just know.
The first day I sat down with headphones on my ears, and a mic in my face, I just knew.

It would be a sad day if or when KICK gets closed down, and other kids like me couldn't for fill their small dreams too.

Until then...

Check out my show

"ALMOST FRIDAY"
THURSDAYS 3-5 PM
WITH JOSIE, SARAH AND THE HYPE GIRL.
on 92.9 KICK FM

OR http://kick.fm/listenlive

1 comment:

  1. where do we submit out song requests?

    ReplyDelete

How do you feel about this city? Love or Hate?